Kids First verifies Kinship homes that meet the State of Texas Minimum Standards.
The Kinship families is a service that Child Protective Services has deemed safe for children who has been removed from their biological home. The Kinship families are biological families of the child being removed or friends of the biological family. The requirements for the Kinship families is the same process as it is for the foster families. Kids First desires to help children live with a familiar family member(s) and/or friend of the family.
Steps to Family & Home Verification:
- Attend an Orientation at Kids First
- Complete an Application
- Pass a Criminal and Central Registry Background check
- Pass a FBI Check
- Attend training classes offered at Kids First
- Pass a Health and Fire Home Inspection
- Provide various documents
- Pass a Home Study